Friday, March 24, 2006

1 down, 4 to go


*All photos contained in this entry are compliments of the brilliant P(izzle) J(izzle)... aka PJ aka Pamela Jaye. Holla.*

This past weekend, I went to a wedding. In Pittsburgh. A wedding in Pittsburgh. For my good friend Allison. You can call her Mrs. Fillar now (!).

The Notorious P.J.W. trained to me from New York, and then we drove the scenic Pennsylvania Turnpike all the way to loverly Pittsburgh. And by scenic, I mean scene-less, but whatever. Potatoes, potahtoes.

Anyway, we got in to the 'burgh around 5ish, and met up with the Uncle and the Cousin. And went to a Chinese buffet (!). With soft serve ice cream. And potato skins. Then it was off to our driving tour of downtown Pittsburgh (dahhn-taahhn). That was actually quite pretty. And then, we went back to wait for Ox's arrival, which happened circa 9:43:56ish... give or take a few seconds.

(I'm going to stop recounting the details in a diary-like fashion because it's quickly getting tedious. Instead, I'll skip to the fun stuff... and compliment my thoughts with pictures. For your reading pleasure, natch.)

Other notables that occurred:
- My Uncle Robert might be the most talkative person ever. Strike that. He IS the most talkative person ever.
- Allison prepared to walk down the aisle, and I cried.
- Allison walked down the aisle, in what was one of the most beautiful dresses I'd EVER seen, and Ox cried.
- The original 5 (Ali, Allison, PJ, Ox and I) took a picture together at the reception, and PJ cried (There was a lot of happy crying).
- I consumed, no joke: 3 vodka tonics, 3-4 glasses of wine (white)... the amount is debatable at this point, a scotch on the rocks (thanks Vinnie- that was totally necessary), champagne, and, to wrap up the night, beer. Apparently, I was enjoying the open bar, and the fact that I hadn't consumed mass alcohol since ELECTION NIGHT in November. Why did I forget my tolerance level, or lack thereof?
- PJ and I took 8 hundred pictures of ourselves. It happens. In 90% of said pictures, I pretended I was MKO: Mary Kate Olsen.
- Jeff and Allison kissed... A LOT. When the priest dude said "You may kiss the Bride"- they took the next 5 minutes to perfect said kiss. It was cute, though slightly uncomfortable. But cute.
- We sat at a table with some *interesting* people: one dude wore a sweater (it's black tie dude!), one was the most Irish looking Italian dude ever, two were very nice normal girls (sorry ox and pj, but i'm not talking about you two), one was engaged but you'd never know it (boo hiss), and finally- there was the one without chin. Not kidding.
- Obviously, the after party was at the Holiday Inn. Mostly, because we liked shouting, "We be partyin' at the Holiday Inn!"
-My hangover was primo. I think I out did myself this time, as the photos will attest.
- It was sunny in Pittsburgh, for the first 3 consecutive days EVER!

All in all... a great time. We should definitely do it again soon. But... I'm not IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home