Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Life, My Card

Ok, imagine... IMAGINE my delight when I saw the new Wes Anderson commercial for American Express which featured Jason Schwartzman... Go ahead, imagine.

Here's the deal: I saw one of those American Express "My Life, My Card" commercials on TV just now, and, being a fan (I lurved the M.Night Shyamalan one and totally dug the Kate Winslet one), I decided to give it a look-see. Well, be-still-my-beating-heart because this one starred Wes Anderson and Jason Schwartzman. Double siiiiiiiiigh. Watch here, please... and then we can discuss.

Obviously, it's brilliant! The ad featured Anderson on a movie set and included such gems as a scene featuring Jason Schwartzman (the future Mr. Molly Jackson) losing his best friend in an explosion, debate over the usage of a hat ("Why would my character put on a hat when he just saw his best friend blow up?"), and a .357 with a bayonet attached to it. It also had random tributes to "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "The Da Vinci Code" to name a few.

Notably funny parts:

* Wes says, "Are those my birds? Hmmm... I need those."
* Jason's character's friend blows up, and he yells "Francois!" in a carefree sort of way.
* The entire ad uses the "Wes Anderson" font... and iHeart fonts! (just ask Ox)
* Wes: "Can I get my snack?" Assistant: "You're eating it."

But mostly, at the end of the day... I enjoyed me some Jason Schwartzman... which reminds me: Marie Antoinette, directed by the effervescent Sofia Coppola, comes out in May... Hooray! TRAILER (complete with french subtitles, natch. You know how I "loves" the French). And the New Order song on the trailer "Ceremony"- priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home