Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I'm an extraordinary machine

Fiona Apple's new CD is outstanding. She deserves a round of applause- golf claps, at the very least.

The title song, "Extraordinary Machine" makes so much sense to me, it's frightening. I cannot stop singing it, and I know it's pissing my office mates off.


"If there was a better way to go then it would find me
I can't help it, the road just rolls out behind me
Be kind to me or treat me mean
I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine."

Delicious. She's a golden delicious, that one.

I also very much enjoy the artwork... it's a peapod, no? I dunno... I guess it's just the pre-election delirium everyone speaks of that is making me gush over Fiona Apple. I wonder what the post-election depression will be like?

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank god the blog is back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home