Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Good Golly

It has been called to my attention that I have been spending and inordinate amount of time working, and not nearly enough time blogging. In lieu of said outcry, I will do my best to remedy this gross injustice lest it completely destroy my life's work of finding, making, keeping and finally entertaining friends. That would be bad.

Therefore, welcome to the list of things I miss. Yes- I know that all I seem to do on this blog of mine is harp on (1) what sucks, (2) what I hate, (3) what I miss, (4) what pisses me off... etc., etc. But, If I were to compose an entire blog filled with rainbows, sunshine and butterflies, y'all would be out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

Misery loves company, but more importantly, I'm funnier when pissed off. Which is why I try to remain bitchy and incorrigible 99% of the time (and also why I like to pick fights with my male friends).

Anyway, without further adieu:

THINGS MOLLY J. MISSES:
I Miss...

... my loss of innocence: circa 1996 (yes girls, it's true- sleeping with him won't make him stay any longer)

... the days when i didn't realize diet coke was rotting my teeth and "ulcering" my stomach (note to friends: ulcer #2 has arrived)

... steamed crabs, the way only Maryland can do it (a whole summer, and not a steamed crab in sight. disgraceful)

... mildly-homeless Eddie (Man, our homeless guy back in DC really knew how to crash a party.)


... the idealism of myself in 1998 ("I know! I'll major in International Affairs and SAVE the World!")

... performing in dinner-theater musicals (dorky: of course, but soul satisfying: you betcha)

Perhaps there is more, but really, I do need to get back to it.

Drop me a line, write me a poem, sing me a song... just keep me informed. And don't take it personally- my cell phone has not been entertaining phone calls for a good long while now. Perhaps I'll dust her off when this madness is over.

*mwah*

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Timmah1 said...

Ah yes, Mildly Homeless Eddie. I think he still owes me $15. I think I'll send him a bill. I'm sure he has a checking account and could easily repay me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home