Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Star Is Born

As some of you likely know, I may or may not have recently decided to hate a former role model/inspiration of mine. When anyone has his/her idealism shattered, it's not an easy thing to digest. Believe me. I know.

However, today I have located a new role model... may I present Susan F. Wood, former assistant FDA commissioner for women's health and director of the Office of Women's Health.


(Photo Credit: By Lucian Perkins -- The Washington Post)

The Washington Post quotes Wood: "I can no longer serve as staff when scientific and clinical evidence, fully evaluated and recommended for approval by the professional staff here, has been overruled," she wrote in an e-mail to her staff and FDA colleagues.

Damn straight girl! I love it when women stand tall and rise up against what is morally wrong and corrupt! It's so inspiring...

I may know nothing about science- except that it bores me- but I do know this: Politics has NO PLACE in science.

Thank you, and Happy September y'all!

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger mollytics said...

Politics are a be-yotch, my little pizzle jizzle... politics are a be-yotch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home