Friday, August 19, 2005

Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?

I seriously cannot get that song out of my head. Seriously... no, SERIOUSLY.

Which is funny because I do love the song- and I always have- but they lyrics... OMG. I know they are tongue-in-cheek, but sheesh. I think women have a tad more to look forward than "I will wash the dishes while you go have a beer"... don't you?

Let's suspend reality for a second and dissect this... WHAT IF this is all I had to look forward to? I mean, then I would have to resign myself to being swept off my feet by the "man of my dreams", only to be swept deep into a monotony of sweeping floors... followed closely by watching children, washing dishes and coffee making bullshit. Sounds just fine... if only my "John Wayne" wasn't out drinking beer and rollin' with his homies. No thanks.

That's why I like Paula Cole so much... she says what Tori and Fiona say, to an equally effective extent... only Paula can SING. She's hardcore... and her lyrics. They are incredibly profound. To me, anyway... Am I the only one who appreciates? I don't think I've ever explored this topic with any of my friends.

Per ejemplo:
"Call me a bitch in heat and I'll call you a liar and we'll both be throwing stones until we're dead" ~ Throwing Stones

With that said, please check out "This Fire" by Paula Cole... I had forgotten how brilliant I thought it was when I first heard it, and it gets better and better the older and wiser I become. Natch.

P.S. This post means nothing, my comments mean nothing- save the fact that I did not sleep last night and I'm v. annoyed that I must work right now. And by work, I mean blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home