Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Late Night Pedicure, and other oddities

I am fairly confident in proclaiming that I am not your average girl. I'm odd. And that's a large part of what I enjoy about myself. I'm quirky, eccentric, dorky, geek-like, and "unique"-- but the kind of unique that people say when they're trying to describe someone who is "nice." I trust you understand what I mean. But all in all, I enjoy those characteristics of myself, and wouldn't change them in a million years.

However, every now and then, I do something so inexplicably odd that I find myself troubled. One such thing happened last night.

I went to bed at 1am, and fell into a fitful sleep filled with scheduling questions, door knocking volunteers, and direct mail pieces. It was not an easy sleep. At precisely 3:16am, I woke with a start and was dying for two things: a big gulp sized water (fresh from the tap), and a pedicure. What?! Huh?

So, I got my water and I swear to you, I didn't stop drinking for 5 minutes. After thoroughly satisfying my desire for agua, I then turned my attention to my toes. My toes! On my feet, which have been described, not so lovingly, as "Hobbit Feet." You shall remain nameless, mean-one.

Anyway... why the need to take care of my feet and toes? It makes no sense to do this at what has become 3:45am. No need. But I couldn't sleep, and figured I should be productive. So I filed, clipped, moisturized, and painted my way towards happier feet. Yes, I used the m-word.

4:15 arrived, and still, I was sleepless. And so, I began to play "bejewelled" on my cell phone. I didn't know I had it, but now that I do, I'm so thrilled. I achieved record breaking high scores, against myself, and felt, finally, that at 4:43am, I should try to sleep once more.

Good thing the birds chose JUST THEN to start their bitching, erm, chirping. Because little ole molly didn't get to sleep until 5:23. Which is fabulous.

THE END.

(I thank you for taking the time to read this nonsense. I know it's useless and boring, but it helps me unwind. Writing, and Corona- which I am sipping at this moment.)

Diet Coke Count: one 16 oz. fountain soda
Coffee Count: none. I ran out of it yesterday :(
Subsequent Headaches from lack of caffeine and pollen: 4.53
Music: Indigo Girls
Ebbitt's Update: Still, not the best at eating. But he looks fatter, so I'm going to assume he's fine. I mean, it could be a bad-fur day, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home