Saturday, March 19, 2005

Working From Home

There are many things that are enjoyable about working from home. Let me list them:

1. Wearing comfy clothes all day long
2. NO SHOES!!
3. Bathroom privledges without the unnecessary anxiety of looking like a girl that "pees too much"
4. Spending all my days with Ebbitt
5. Rolling eyes when having rather unfortunate conversations with Idiots
6. Discussing serious topics via email/phone, while watching MTV on mute
7. Screaming wildly at legislators on CSPAN and CSPAN2
8. Snacking whenever I want to
9. WEST WING on constant rotation (thanks, in large part, to Bravo and Tivo)
10. Wearing high ponytails that my mother would say made me look like a "floosy"

I could go on, but 10 is a good and even number.

There are many things that AREN'T so enjoyable about working from home. Let me list them:

1. Still wearing comfy clothes at noon? one? two? NOT ATTRACTIVE
2. No shoes... means stepping on tacks (possible revenge for a "tacks" incident in my past?)
3. Peeing too much-- what's up with that?
4. Ebbitt learning to roll HIS eyes at ME
5. Getting so involved with eye rolling that I simply can't remember what conversation is about
6. Getting so involved with MTV that I simply can't remember what conversation is about
7. Screaming at legislators-- with no one to tell me I'm weird or overreacting, or to egg me on
8. SNACKING is not good. Ever. Even if it's salad or veggies (too much ruffage)
9. Being able to recite each and every West Wing episode from memory-- that's quite enough of that!
10. The indentations the high ponytails make in my hair... they SO aren't appropriate for Richmond meetings.

So basically, the point is, I eagerly anticipate the day when I won't have to spend so much time indoors.

Oooh, and that reminds me... When a person wants to leave one's home, and go out "into nature" ... do you say:

A) I want to go outside.
or
B) I want to go outdoors.

I say "outside", but some New Englanders have been known to say "outdoors"-- thus my question. "Outdoors" sounds so much more magical... like a faery tale journey... while "outside" reminds me of concrete and traffic.

I think I might not be making sense anymore... but if you follow my rants, do let me know.

Finally, I would like to pay homage to Chester Duer-- Betsy's dear dear dog that was most recently put to sleep. Ches was my friend from 6th grade (1992 ya'll) until our last encounter, when he cheerfully announced my presence when I came to visit Betsy over Christmas. I have delicious memories of chasing him around Stoneleigh when he escaped from the yard, and even better memories of his ability to seek out my stuffed animal at EVERY slumber party. He was a superior dog, a loyal friend, a skilled terrier, and he will be missed... but certainly not forgotten.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or... you could work for an organization with an oxymoron of a name where one's boss watches/listens to "West Wing" all day, where the disgruntled employee of the year snacks on Cadbury Mini-Eggs all day, where the disgruntled employee continues to roll her eyes and forgets why because she does it so much... oh wait, you already tried this gig!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Timmah1 said...

Outdoors is much better. Just like people from New England are better than everyone else.

Tim from Bath, Maine, which just happens to be in New England.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home