Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Ya'll... I'm sorry. I know I should write more, and keep up with the posts, but this "campaign managing" stuff- it really takes it all out of a girl. So I'm sorry, but there's likely to be more where that came from.

I'm going to attempt to be organized about this post, and break my thoughts/comments into columns so that the reader (that's ya'll) can select those posts that he/she prefers to read about.

A. Boys
I think I pretty much don't want anything to do with any of them. Ever. Again. With a precious few exceptions (Crick & Abs, enjoy your shout out), it's just too hard to figure out the what and why. What is it they want? What makes them do the things they do? Why can't they understand? Why would they risk something so hard to find, for something so meaningless?

I don't want to harp, or even upgrade my ticket on the "Why Me?" express-train to Whiningville, but I need to get this out. I need to tell people, women specifically, that if it feels wrong, it IS wrong. If you feel uncomfortable, it IS uncomfortable. And finally, if the pot looks black, then it is black. There is no use in trying to change it. Further, sticking around only makes the kettle just as black.

Does that make sense to you, because it does to me.

There, I'm finished.

B. Friends
Ya'll are fantastic, and I thank you for loving me, and for dealing with my sorry-non-cell-phone-picking-up-moody-spoiled-emotional ass. I can be a real treat sometimes, and yet here you still remain. Thank you, for sticking by me. When I make millions off my first book, I'll repay you all with cash-prizes.

Joking aside, if moving to Richmond has taught me anything, it's the value of true friendship. So muchas gracias, merci, and grazie... from the bottom of mi corazon.

C. Cities
The ones I like: San Francisco, Baltimore, DC, New York, Chicago and San Diego (minus the Plastics)
The ones I don't like: Pittsburgh, Richmond and Pittsburgh (because it's THAT loathsome)

The reason I bring this up is because I am currently working on not biasing people based on their place of birth. In other words, not rolling my eyes and saying, "Ah, ok... you're loathsome because you're from [insert city/state/region here]."

D. Diet Coke
The new Diet Coke with Splenda kicks ass. So does the new commercial: Sparkle **** (those are my sparkles)

That's all for now kiddies. I must get back to work. Merry June, and I'll talk to ya'll soon.

(I apologize for the excessive use of the words "ya'll" and "loathsome" but I'm finding them to be particularly relevant tonight)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home