Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Baltimore, and Me

"I love you Baltimore
There's the flasher who lives next door
There's the bum on his bar room stool
They wish me luck on my way to school.

Good morning Baltimore
And some day when i take to the floor
The world's gonna wake up and see
Baltimore and me."
- Hairspray, the Musical

Never were words so true. Thank you, John Waters you genius, for this movie-turned-musical-turned-soon-to-be-remake-movie. With lessons of life in Baltimore (read: Baldimor), segregation, and town hussies... well, what's not to love?

I ask, of course, because I've recently become addicted to my "Hairspray" soundtrack... which is affecting my affinity for my hometown. It's like... I miss it. I miss Baltimore. And I likely will delete that sentence from my blog soon enough... but for now, I'll say it. I miss you, Baltimore!

So... how 'bout them O's???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home