Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Live, from DC, it's SOTU 2007!!

I can’t stand it! I tried to live blog during SOTU (State of the Union), but clearly, everyone and their treo were live-blogging for SOTU. At least, everyone in DC.

So this is coming late, and is transferred from a Word document… and you know how I love WORD. Anyway...

9:13 – Ok, so he acknowledged Speaker Pelosi’s gender right off the bat. He’s throwing us a bone. I’ll nod politely at that. (In real life, I got chills. How cool is that! MADAM Speaker!)

9:15 – Bush looks skinnier, no? Why is it I can’t loose weight after a 3-day stomach flu, but Bush peels it off like gang-busters?

9:18 – More enterprise? Like Starship Enterprise? Dude: Republicans heart space.

9:19 – No really, Bush is s-k-i-n-n-y. Dang.

9:19 – Strategic placement of Sen. Clinton behind Sen. Obama. Clinton wins the brighter colored suit contest.

9:20 – CSPAN joke #1. Way to kill ‘em, Bushy!

9:21 – Sen. Kennedy already needs a drink.

(I simply cannot keep this up the entire speech)

9:22 – First mention of “the right to choose!!!” Sadly, it was with regards to education. Abstinence-only education, is my guess.

9:27 – Wondering when he’ll scare me about those terrorists I/We just elected into office?

9:28 – Ah, yes. Illegal immigrants. Now he speaks to me and my people (minus the illegal part).

9:29 - I think Cheney is pissed that Speaker Pelosi keeps standing up. She's making him look lazy. Imagine.

9:30 - And we have "terrorists!" Excellent. Now I can go to bed scared :) Mission Accomplished, Bush Administration!

9:33 - Bush is seriously skinny. I need to move on, but I can't. If the media wants to fixate on what female politicians are wearing, then I will fixate on his weight. It's only fair.

9:36 - More scary stuff... anthrax, London plans blowing up, bombs on the West coast. Sheesh. We get it. We let them win by voting for Democrats.

9:37 - You know, I gotta hand it to Speaker Pelosi. She's so quick to her feet that she's up and down before Cheney can shift his weight from buttock to buttock.

9:38 - More of the same. Everyone hates us, we're all going to die, and soon. Blah blah blah.

9:42 - Sen. McCain has already checked out. He can't wait to go home and watch the new episode of Gilmore Girls.

(9:50 - I think I've checked out)

9:55 - Money for fighting HIV AIDS in Africa: notable, only I'm pretty sure I've contributed more with my purchase of my PRODUCT RED iPod than the Bush Administration has, but whatevs.

9:57 - "Matumbo: Son of the Congo a Citizen of the United States of America." I like that. Friends, please refer to me as "Molly: Daughter of Chile, Citizen of the United States of America."

9:59 - I love the story of Wesley Autrey... kudos to you, sir. People call him a hero, and he throws it back to our troops. (tear #2)

10:03 - End scene.

Thank you, that is all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home