Monday, January 22, 2007

why am i pro-choice?

I'm sick in bed with the stomach flu today... but nothing was going to keep me from participating in blog for choice. Not even projectile vomit. Sorry, TMI.

I'm pro-choice because by being pro-choice, and voting pro-choice, I can be sure that women are are able to choose which reproductive health option is best for them: whether it be motherhood (by adoption or by giving birth), birth control, or abortion. I trust women to make the choice that is best for them. That's the basic root of it all, for me.

I can go on and say that I believe the right to choose what one does with their body is a basic human right. I can go on and say that I don't think anyone, most of all the government (read: a majority of old, white men) should be able to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body. And finally, I can go on and say that no one can know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes until they do- so to tell them what life-changing choice to make is simply wrong.

But really, it's about trust. Trusting women. And that's why I'm pro-choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home