Thursday, June 22, 2006

Girl Crush

I just discovered Sarah Vowell, and I'll forever hate myself for not knowing of her genius sooner...

Ok, so a looker- she is not. But really, who is? And she's funny and smart and witty and into history... how freaking cool is that? I wish I knew her... we'd be the best of friends. We could take roadtrips- I'd drive because she doesn't have her license- and go visit morbid, yet fascinating, presidential landmarks. It would be incredible... Incredibly twisted.

Also- she has a masters in Art History. Again, hi!??! Can we be best friends?

Oh, and this is brilliant: According to Wikipedia (and my readings in Assassination Vacation):
"Vowell’s twin sister Amy gave her a hair of abolitionist guerrilla warrior John Brown or Christmas, which now decorates her wall. According to her book Assassination Vacation, she gave Amy a DVD player."- I'm loving it.

I wish I knew her when she was a contributor on NPR's This American Life. Maybe she still does? Why didn't I know? Drat. I bet JW knew...

*This latest post was brought to you courtesy of Assassinationn Vacation by one, Sarah Vowell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home